Brussels sprouts are often unappetizing since they are served boiled which is a bland way of cooking. I find that the flavor is really unlocked when your char in an iron skillet with some oil. I make a pound at a time and that is often not enough. With the seasoning I often just coat the base of the ban after everything is cooked and don’t use measuring spoons.
- Iron skillet (at least 10″)
- An oven mitt or handle sleeve for skillet
- Splatter guard
- Serving bowl
- Cutting board
- 1 lb of brussel sprouts
- 1/2 tsp Ground sumac
- 1/2 tsp Ground garlic
- 1/4 Ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Cut brussel sprouts in half
- Melt oil in iron skillet
- Fry brussel sprouts until charred. Which is roughly 10-15 minutes on medium high.
- Remove charred brussel sprouts from pan as they finish charring. If you leave them all in they will start to smoke.
- Add seasoning to base of empty pan.
- Lower heat to simmer and add back cooked sprouts.
- Mix and serve!