This isn’t really ice cream but frozen puree, but that doesn’t’ quite have the catchy name either. No need to add sugar since the fruits themselves are quite sweet especially the ripe bananas. They have more sweetness than a less ripe banana. You do have to thaw this out to eat though, its not soft at first. I prefer nectarines since you can eat the skin and don’t have to peel it off like a peach would require.
- Food processor
- 9 oz plastic tumblers x2
- cutting board
- alluminum foil or plastic wrap
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 white nectarine
- 1 tsp almond butter
- Peel bananas and add to food processor.
- Cut out flesh of nectarine and remove pitt. Add to processor
- Add tsp of almond butter to food processor and than blend until pureed.
- Add puree to both tumblers.
- Cover tumblers with aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
- Freeze tumblers for at least 2-3 hours.
- When your read to serve let it thaw for a good hour so its easy to eat. It can get rather hard from being frozen.