Its been a long time since I posted a recipe. And this one should work. Its not quite perfect so I will note the corrections in the recipe itself to make it more flavorful. Since I used such a small skillet I had to use 2 cups of water to get it to cook evenly. A larger skillet and probably less ingredients would have allowed a easier time frying. Also the seasoning is heavy too so I toned it down in the correction.
- Iron skillet (10″ at least, larger would be better but it tends to get heavy the bigger you get)
- Cutting board
- 3 tbsp or more Coconut oil
- 2 cups of water* (If using too many ingredients in a small pan)
- 1-1.5 yellow onions
- 2-3 zucchini
- 2 tsp smoked paprika (I used 1 tbsp which was too strong)
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp ground garlic
- 1/4-1/2 tsp black pepper
- Peel onion skin and cut onions into small cubes. Roughly 1mm.
- Peel zucchini skin and cut cross-sectionally like in the picture. I tried for 1 mm thickness here too.
- Fry onions in coconut oil on high heat for about 10- 15 minutes. Stir occasionally. Its okay to burn the onions a bit.
- Lower the temperature to mid heat and add zucchini. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add water if you use a smaller pan to evenly cook some more for another 5 minutes. If you use a larger pan just add some more oil.
- Lower heat to simmer and add spices. Mix evenly.
- You can simmer until ready to serve.
Finishing up the zuke in the cast iron skillet. If it was a larger pan I probably wouldn’t have soaked the zukes as long and just did frying.
Ready to serve.