This was from a recipe I posted on my facebook page. Its from caveman site, I will post the link up when I figure out where I left the URL. However its been modified to be pumpkin flavored. Unfortunately I don’t think you can do brachos over this. It contains no grain which was one of the requirement for the prayer. I also used a peanutbutter variation of this for thanksgiving for my stuffing base.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin paste aka canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp up to a 1/4 cup of maple syrup (optional I did 2 tbsp)
- 5 “extra-large” eggs (run small but that’s what Trader Joes calls them)
- 2 tsp of pumpkin pie seasoning
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Break eggs and scramble in large metal bowl.
- Add in almond butter and mix evenly.
- Add in pumpkin paste, seasoning, lemon juice and mix.
- Add maple syrup until sweetened to desired sweetness.
- Mix in baking soda evenly and quickly.
- Add batter to a loaf pan.
- Heat oven at 350*F and add a drip pan underneath the bread to catch any overzealous rising bread pieces.
- Place the battered pan on top and cook for 60 minutes.