This is a smoothie recipe my sister loves. Its not the healthiest smoothie you can make due to the sugar and protein powder, but it does taste good. If you drink it do it after a tough work out. That weight the protein powder goes straight to the muscles from the insulin spike. You could do this without protein powder to make it parve too. I don’t usually have leftovers so it can be hard to get pictures of this.
The recipe yields about 32 oz of smoothie.
- 12 oz coconut water
- 1/4 cup water
- handful of ice
- 4 tbsp canned pumpkin
- 2-3 tbsp melted coconut milk (the more you use the sweeter and weaker the spices)
- 1-2 tbsp honey (sweeten to desired sweetness)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 nutmeg
- *half a scoop of whey protein powder
- *optional 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend. Than serve
- Mixture will separate after awhile, you will have to re mix, if refrigerated.