Why I call this Passover Chicken is because the sauce was limited to only the seasonings available for Passover. This was created on the second to last night of passover, but was a hit with the family. Potato starch is a very good thickener which I was using a lot during passover. I used a small sauce pan to make the sauce I just fried the chicken in coconut oil so nothing special there. I’m not fully certain if Coconut oil is kosher for passover, however most coconut products including flakes, flavoring are KOP. Coconut milk should be, but you can make it from flakes if you want to be very strict.
- 3 cups of water
- 1 1/2 tbsp potato starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tbsp basil (fresh would be stronger, but my crop didn’t grow yet)
- 1 tsp tumeric (this was hard to find, but there is a KOP brand of it)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp honey
- sprinkle black pepper for extra spice
- Add all ingredients to a pan.
- Stir than cover pan
- Simmer for 40 minutes, occasionally stirring
- Use sauce on recipe or store for later