This is based on Elana’s pantry recipe. I do have a picture but nowhere near as nice as hers. Its in a plastic container too. I did use Malvaisia Strawberry wine for the wine to give it an alchocolic spike too. I think this would make an excellent stuffing, especially if you can find a kosher duck or turkey to stuff it in its avian butt or head. Depends where the hole is in the bird.
- 2 cups ground walnuts
- 2 apples
- 1/2 cup of sweet wine (Malvasia in this case)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon juice (to prevent the apple from browning)
- Peel apples and cut into small piece. I went down to a 1-2 mm pieces. A food processor would make this take a lot less time naturally, but I don’t have a passover one.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and than store it in refrigerator.
- You can use it after a few hours. It also lasts for at least a week in the refrigerator.