I had lost this recipe for awhile. But found it near my computer. Had some nice images though to show texture and what it looks like. It could be altered for passover, but as it is its great for any other time. I can’t think of a time not to eat pot roast. Although it can leave you a bit drunk since its a heavier meat.
- 2 2 plus pounds of pot roast meat. 4 lbs would work too if you can get the cut.
- 3 bell peppers
- 6 oz of carrots cut and peeled (you can save time if you use baby peeled carrots)
- 1 6 oz package of sliced portabello mushroom
- 12 oz tomato paste (make sure its only tomatoes in the ingredients. Sometimes they sneak natural flavors and preservatives when not necessary into the cans)
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp smoked sea salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground marjoram
- 1 cup water for crock pot.
- Cut off top and bottom of bell pepper. And remove inner seeds. Than cut into 1″ pieces.
- Peel carrots and cut into baby carrot size slivers.
- Add carrots, sliced mushrooms and peppers to crock pot.
- Mix all spices in a bowl with 1 1.5 cups of water.
- Coat both pot roasts with the sauce in the crockpot.
- Add coated pot roasts to crockpot.
- Add once cup of water for cooking to the crockpot.
- Cook for 8 hours.
- Serve. The meat should be tender enough to cut with a fork as shown.