I have been doing some research into a sweeter sauce that won’t overcarb you and at the same time taste great with chicken. I think this is it. Although the thickening could use some more refinement. I used balsamic vinegar (Bartenura OU) which oddly enough is only available around passover. Why? I have no idea. Its very hard to get kosher balsamic vinegar where I live. So apple cider wine works too.
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cup water total
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- Add blueberries and blackberries to a pot.
- Add 1 cup of water, maple syrup and vinegar to pot.
- Boil for 10 minutes to break down berries.
- Add xantham gum and mix. There will be a lot of clumping.
- Reduce temperature to simmer and cover for 30 minutes to 60 minutes.
- Let cool and use as a sauce for chicken or anything you can think of.