This is actually cooks relatively fast for its size. It ends up having a beautiful gradient from dark brown crust to blood red interior. I was out of apple cider vinegar so I used rice vinegar. I believe it would work well with apple too.
- 2.5-4 lb shoulder roast/london broil
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp chilli pepper powder
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke hickory
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked sea salt (Trader Joes)
- up to 1/2 cup of water or oil for mixing
- Sear meat in coconut oil for 12 minutes per side to blacken the outside of the meat.
- Mix all ingredient of the rub with some water/oil as mixing agent. The less water you use the thicker the rub.
- Apply rub to both sides of the roast.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 425*F.