Spaghetti squash or winter squash, is far lower calorie and carbs than traditional pasta. I believe its like 50 calories per cup. The tomato sauce adds some carbs but that can be removed if desired.
1 spaghetti squash
3 tbsp melted palm oil
oregano (fresh or dried)
basil (fresh or dried)
ginger (fresh or dried)
1 jar of Tomato Basil Sauce
- Poke holes around the squash so that the entire surface has holes on it. This allows it to breath when it cooks.
- Microwave for 20-30 minutes depending on size of squash. It might be faster in over, but I haven’t tried that yet. Put the squash in a dish with 1 inch of water.
- Cut squash in half
- Remove seeds. And fork out squash. Think of it as a combing motion. The longer the squash is cooked the easier it is to remove. Go to the skin if possible so that you just have a shell left when done. I work in the casserole dish, which has the water removed. Even space the squash along the entire base of dish.
- Pour melted (1 minute or so) palm oil evenly over squash in pan. Sprinkle generously the seasonings.
- Mix in dish. You could cook it at this point, but there is one more step if you use sauce.
- Cover with sauce and spread the sauce evenly.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes at 375*F.