This was a hit with the family. Its a variation on the Primal Blueprint cookbook’s blackberry marinade, but with the ingredients I had at hand.
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup tamari gluten-free
- 1/4 cup plum vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 banana or more depending on desired sweetness
Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and process. Take the sauce and use it as you like.
- 3 Empire boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil refined, per pan needed.
- Marinated the chicken for 4 hours to overnight in the marinade.
- Brown chicken on both sides, 8-10 minutes a side
- After browned, add rest of marinade to pan and let simmer for 20 minutes.