This is a very experimental meal so it may be refined in the future if its any good. My own creation.
- 3 lb brisket
- 2 yellow onions peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp Trader Joe’s smoked sea salt
- 1 pkg Trader Joes sauteing vegetables (already cut)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- coat seared brisket on one side Golds White Horseradish
- fresh cayenne pepper with the seeds removed
- heart of celery cut into bite size chunks
- several drops of tabsco sauce
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 cup of water (may add more)
- handful of blackberries (just for fun)
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
Sear brisket in heated coconut oil in a frying pan, 10 minutes per side, for a total of 20 minutes. While the meat is searing. Prepare vegetables, fruits, onions and lay them on the bed of a crockpot. Than add all the seasonings execept for the horseradish. After the brisket is seared, place with fat side up on bed of vegetables. I also added the remaining frying oil as well. This might be a mistake or work really well. Cover the top with horseradish. Than cook it for 10 hours in the crockpot. I will have pictures and a taste test later. Wasn’t as flavorful as I thought it would be. The cayenne lost its heat as did the tabasco. It tasted smokey so it wasn’t bad. Horseradish flavor didn;t infuse, perhaps it needs to be marinated and cooked for 4 hours instead.