My sister originally called this a Takiyaki broccoli instead of teriyaki when she had it. It has a nice ring to it so I have been calling this recipe this for awhile. Its not a true teriyaki, but its a similar taste. I prefer to use a microwave since its much faster, however there is big chance of bpa leaking. So for this recipe I will use a glass bowl instead of the plastic bag the broccoli comes in. You could always steam it but that takes about 20 minutes rather than 4 minutes per 12 oz of broccoli. You can make this meat or dairy depending on the oil you use. Its very quick and easy to make.
- Glass bowl or just cut of an end of the 12 oz broccoli bag and cook in that
- 1/4 tsp 5 spice powder optional
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp gluten-free tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp red palm oil, coconut oil or ghee
- 1 bag 12 oz broccoli florets
- Microwave broccoli in bag or in bowl for 4 minutes.
- Add seasoning and mix.