I’ve been working with this recipe for some time now. Make changes with seasoning amounts and how to prepare the fruits. The peanut butter one is optional but should still work for almond butter variation as well. The apples add most of the sweetening necessary.
Plain mashed sweet potatoe
3 pounds of sweet potatoes (6-8 mid size taters)
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves and nutmeg
1/4 tsp of cardommon
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
a few drops to 1/4 cup depending on sweetness desired of Maple Syrup
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 1″ slices. Boil in water for 20 minutes
- Cut apples into small pieces, boil in pot with a sprinkle of cinnamon. 10 minutes boil time or until they look mush
- Take out the apples and process them into apple sauce , add to bowl.
- Drain potatoes and process them into a puree.
- Add puree to applesauce, all seasonings, melted coconut oil and mix.
- Cook in oven in a casarolle dish for 30 minutes at 350 F.
For the peanutbutter variation, you add 3 tbsp peanut butter. Crunchy might be best since it will have a great crunch that contrasts with the mash. Almond butter works too. 3 tablespoons. Its fantastic.
And for added decadence you could add some parve bittersweet chocolate chips and marshmallow. Both aren’t necessary, but do taste great.